Sunday, July 14, 2013

I did it!

Everyone...I just finished the first draft of my first novel! I already know heaps of changes that I wanna make but that's beside the point. I know there will be HEAPS of redrafting to do and I know that the end result will be nothing like the first draft is now but it doesn't matter. I FINISHED IT! It took four years but I did it!!!

I know lots of people write novels but what you may not know is that there are hundreds more who start them and never finish. Finishing a novel is like running a marathon. Like birthing a babe. With a very long gestation period. And now my baby is here and it might be missing some fingers or toes and it might have a wonky smile but its here and I'm gonna love and nurture it into something special.

Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. WOO HOO, well done Lizzy ... dancing a little jig here ... calls for a celebration, or two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fantastic! Sorry to read you've been unwell, I hope you are better now. I wanted to send a six month shout out to all the folk from Daku in March but stupidly did not save a single address to that account and its old school tech (had the account since 2000) so doesn't auto-remember. Thought I would try comments on a few blog posts instead. Very best thoughts. Deb Fleming

    ReplyDelete